From mandated social distancing to the closing of schools and businesses over the last couple months, the countless sudden changes within our communities have undoubtedly caused a lot of stress for many. It’s a confusing time for everyone, with news, rules and regulations changing hourly. We’ve gathered some resources below to hopefully help guide you through this uncertain time.
- NIMH: Coping with Traumatic Events
- CDC information on managing anxiety and stress
- How To Combat Social Isolation – A Happiness Lab podcast with Dr. Jamil Zaki from Stanford University
- How To Make Rational Decisions In A Time Of Anxiety –A Happiness Lab podcast withDr. Ethan Kross from the Emotion and Self-Control Lab at the University of Michigan
- 9 Ways To Stay Positive During The Coronavirus Pandemic – a Forbes article
- 20-Second Parodies for Handwashing – a YouTube video
- Meditation – Calm.com
- 6 Activities to Help You Relax at Home – cnbc.com
CHILD AND FAMILY RESOURCES:
- Kennedy-Center.org – Mo-Willems – Mo Willems’ Lunch Doodle sessions every weekday at 1pm
- Storytime From Space.com
- Classroom Magazines.Scholastic.Com – Learn At Home – Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing.
- National Zoo Webcams – Naked Mole-Rats, Giant Pandas, Elephants, and Lions – oh my!
- Zooniverse.org – Participate in various types of research from home!
AFTER WORK HOURS RESOURCES:
- Museums-Galleries – Virtual-Tours – Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch (Video)
- 33 Virtual National Park Tours – Here’s 33 national park tours you can take virtually from the comfort of your home
- A List Of Live Virtual Concerts To Watch During The Coronavirus Shutdown
- The Shows Must Go Online: 12 Ways to Stream the Stage
- Met Opera – Nightly Met Opera Streams
- Digital Concert Hall
- Virtually Ride Disney Attractions
- Visitmaryland.org – Scenic-byways
- 20 Virtual Travel Experiences to Try – Forbes.com